WHAT OUR MISSIONS PROGRAM IS ALL ABOUT!
We have built our missions program around the guidance offered in Isaiah 58: 6-12.
The text for this is as follows:
“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness will go before you,
and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
“If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday.
The LORD will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.
Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins
and will raise up the age-old foundations;
you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls,
Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.
To put this into simplest terms that everyone can understand and remember, we describe our goal as the following:
Feed the hungry. Clothe the naked. Shelter the homeless. Free the oppressed. Everywhere.
The Texas Team with a Family from Texas
It is important to remember that we think of this both physically and spiritually. Our desire is to meet the needs of the whole person. If they are hungry, either physically or spiritually, we want to feed them. If they have no home, we want to be a family for them and provide shelter. If they are oppressed, we want to help them become free.
On a monthly basis, we financially support several individuals and agencies that help us pursue these goals.
1) CitiHope Relief and Development – helps us brings medicines and health care to people throughout the world.
2) Peace and Grace Ministries – helps us bring food, clothing, shelter and education to poor children throughout Haiti, while simultaneously helping to strengthen the local church there.
3) Rawn and Bernard Ugwuoke - serve as International Church Strategists for the Jesus Film Project in the US. They mobilize and equip International (immigrant) Churches to use Jesus Film materials to share Christ both among their communities within the US and in their home countries.
4) The Surge Project – helps us support an underground, persecuted church in the Middle East.
5) Dr. George Cutty – runs a school and seminary in India, training the next generation of leaders in the Indian church.
6) Oceanview Christian School – provides education for over 100 underserved students in Liberia, West Africa.
Rockport, Texas Rebuild Photo #1
Rockport, Texas Rebuild Photo #2
On a yearly basis, we send at least one team from our church on a missions trip to accomplish a specific task related to our goal of feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, sheltering the homeless and freeing the oppressed. Our last trip was in November 2017, when a team from our church participated in rebuilding homes in Rockport, Texas that had been damaged by Hurricane Harvey (see photos). Our biggest current project is helping Peace and Grace Ministries to build a large, regional church in Port Au Prince, Haiti. (see photos) The most recent update about the new church: "Our Haitians friends have been working hard. They will be ready to start the metal super structure for the roof next week. At the current pace they could be complete by December."
New Church in Haiti Picture #1
New Church in Haiti Picture #2
New Church in Haiti Picture #3
New Church in Haiti Picture #4